British Army Individual Swimming Championships
ARMY INDIVIDUAL SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2014
1. The Army Individual Swimming Championships will take place at the Aldershot Garrison Sports Centre (AGSC), Princes Avenue Aldershot GU11 2LQ on 19 June 2014, commencing at 1400hrs.
2. The Championships will commence at 1300hrs (less 800m finals which will take place at 0930hrs), registration will open at 0830hrs close at 1200hrs . Entry fee (£5 per event (more than 3 events £15) – cheques made payable to Central Bank ASCB).
3. The Championships are open to regular serving and reserves.
4. The Championships will be held in accordance with Federation Internationale de Natation (FINA) Laws and Technical Rules, along with the promoters (Army Swimming Union) conditions.
Programme / Timings
5. The programme has been formulated to allow for travel times so every effort should be made to adhere to the following timings;
0830hrs – Registration
0930hrs – 800m Finals Male and Female
1200hrs – Registration closes
1230hrs – Competitors briefing
1300hrs – Championships commence
1700hrs – Presentations
4 x 50m Individual Medley
6. All events are open to Male and Female competitors, for events over 200m winners will be declared on time.
Junior swimmers (those under 18 on the day of the Championships) are encouraged to compete alongside seniors in this competition. In each event juniors times will be recorded and medals awarded as appropriate.
Trophies will be awarded to the Winners and Runners up in both the Male and Female categories. Medals will be awarded to Winners and placed finishers dependant on the number of competitors.
Accommodation and Messing
All units are responsible for their own arrangements for accommodation and messing. Transit accommodation in Aldershot is highly likely to be limited due to the Olympic Games, teams and individuals should use the following options if accommodation is required; Tel 01252 352154 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Brunswick Camp Pirbright (20 mins) Bookings through Longmoor Longmoor Camp Bordon (30 mins)
Team managers and individuals should use unit and personal contacts wherever possible for their accommodation and messing requirements.
12. Any problems regarding accommodation should be directed to the undersigned
13. Travel at Public Expense for swimmers/coaches only is authorised in accordance
with 2014DIN10-034. Claims may be submitted for one journey travel to and one journey travel from the event only.
14. Costs are to be kept to the minimum necessary to meet the requirement, with transport being shared wherever possible. Expenditure is closely monitored by the Programme Budget Wing APC Glasgow, which maychallenge expenditure as appropriate
15. Any questions regarding this competition should be directed to the Secretary of the Army Swimming Union on 94 222 7089 or email email@example.com
Army Swimming Union