British Army Water Polo - Inter Unit
Army Inter Unit Waterpolo Championships 2015
1. The Army Inter Unit Water Polo Championships will take place at the Aldershot Garrision Sports Centre on 14 Oct 2015.
2. The 2015 Championship will take the form of an Open Competition with no requirement to qualify through Divisional/Regional Championships. Closing date for entries will be 9 Oct 2015 . Entry forms can be found at Annex A to this letter and should be returned to the Army Swimming Union office with the Entry fee (£30 per team – cheques made payable to Central Bank ASCB)
3. The Championships will comprise of male and female unit teams (7 players minimum), all units will compete on an equal footing (no classification according to size – Major / Minor).
4. The competition format (league / knock out) will be dictated by the number of entries, all matches will be played on 14 Oct 2015.
5. The Championships are open to regular and reserves. Players representing unit teams are to be on posted strength for 30 days prior to the start of the competition.
6. The Championships will be held in accordance with Federation Internationale de Natation (FINA) Laws and Technical Rules, along with the promoters (Army Swimming Union) conditions. All team captains are responsible for ensuring that players are conversant with the basic rules, which can be found on the FINA website.
7. Units Team Managers are reminded that all personnel taking part in this competition are required to have their details published on Unit Part One Orders.
8. Teams are required to provide their own personal equipment, which should include:
Water Polo hats numbered (red for Goalkeeper)
Trunks / Costumes
Box protection (males)
9. If units have qualified or competent officials that are available Waterpolo officers are requested to inform the Secretary to aid in the organisation of the event.
Programme / Timings
10. The programme has been formulated to allow for travel times so every effort should be made to adhere to the following timings;
14 Oct 2015
0830-0915hrs Team Registration
0920hrs Competition Brief
0930hrs Warm Up
1000hrs Start Game 1
1700hrs End of pool / knockout matches
11. Trophies will be awarded to the Winners and Runners up in both the Male and Female categories.
Accommodation and Messing
12. All units are responsible for their own arrangements for accommodation and messing. Transit accommodation in Aldershot is highly likely to be limited, teams and individuals should use the following options if accommodation is required;
b. Brunswick Camp Pirbright (20 mins) Bookings through Longmoor
c. Longmoor Camp Bordon (30 mins)
Tel: 94291 3362 / 01420 483362
Fax: 94291 3453 / 01420 483453
13. Team managers and individuals should use unit and personal contacts wherever possible for their accommodation and messing requirements.
14. Any problems regarding accommodation should be directed to the undersigned
15. Travel at Public Expense for swimmers/coaches only is authorised in accordance with 2014DIN10-034. Claims may be submitted for one journey travel to and one journey travel from the event only.
16. Costs are to be kept to the minimum necessary to meet the requirement, with transport being shared wherever possible. Expenditure is closely monitored by the Programme Budget Wing APC Glasgow, which may challenge expenditure as appropriate.
17. Any questions regarding this competition should be directed to the Secretary of the Army Swimming Union on 94 222 7089 or email email@example.com
Army Swimming Union